Welcome to The Literature Times Daily Headlines. Here are the top news of 26 April 2021.
- A glacier burst occurred in Sumna, Neeti Valley in Chamoli district, Uttarakhand, on April 23, 2021. A Border Roads Organization Camp came under the avalanche.
- The government of India granted complete exemption from basic health cess on import of oxygen-related equipment and customs duty of 3 months.
- Prime Minister Modi launched the distribution of e-property cards under Svamitva Scheme. Around 4.09 lakh cards were distributed on national Panchayati Raj Day.
- Cryogenic oxygen tanks airlifted from Singapore, EU, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and UAE.
- NASA and Elon Musk’s commercial rocket company, Space X, launched a new 4 astronaut team on a flight to International Space Station.
- Priyanks Mohite from Satara in western Maharashtra has scaled Mt. Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world, becoming the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
Daily Headlines: Appointments and Awards
- Arun Raste appointed MD and CEO of National Commodity of Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX).
- Justice N.V. Ramana was sworn as 48th Chief Justice of India.
- Spain’s Rafael Nadal won the men’s singles title of Barcelona by defeating Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas
- The winner of the Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021 by Diplomatic Mission Global Peace- Rumana Sinha Sehgal
- BBC Sports Personality of the year- Koneru Humpy
- Indian boxer Amit Panghal won a bronze medal at the Governor’s Cup in St. Petersburg.
Days to Remember
- 24 April- World Day for Animals in Laboratories
- 24 April- National Panchayati Raj Day
- 25 April- World Malaria Day (Theme: Reaching the zero Malaria Target)
New Released books
- An ebook, “Climate Change Explained- for One and All,” by climate activist author Aakash Ransion was launched.
For more updates related to World News and Literature, stays tuned with The Literature Times.