Welcome to The Literature Times Daily Headlines. Here are the top news of 27 April 2021.
- MHA advises states to impose localized 14-day lockdowns.
- As per the prediction of an IIT model, the daily cases of Coronavirus may hit 4.4 lakh by May 8.
- China’s first Mars rover will be named Zhurong after the traditional God of fire in Chinese mythology.
- UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham is leading global vaccination drive during the World Immunization Week.
- Uttar Pradesh-based Shivalik Small Finance Bank has commenced operations as a small finance bank with effect from April 26, 2021.
- Paytm starts an interactive platform for investments called “Wealth Community.”
- Goldman Sachs revised downward the GDP growth forecast of India for the financial year 2021-2022 to 10.5% from earlier estimate of 10.9%
- Nomadland wins Oscar. Chloe Zao makes history as the first woman of color to get the best director award for best picture.
Appointments and awards
- Atanu Das and Deepika Kumari win gold in Archery.
- Barcelona Open Men’s Doubles titles were won by Robert Farah and Juan Sebastian Cabal.
- Central Government has nominated Ajay Seth, Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, as Director of Central Board of Reserve Bank of India.
Days to remember
- April 26- World Intellectual Property Day
- April 25- International Delegate’s Day
- “The Living Mountain: A Fable for Our Times” by Amitav Ghosh
For more updates related to World News and Literature, stay tuned with The Literature Times.