Skip to content
- Boxing Federation of India, in consultation with the Asian Boxing Confederation, has decided to conduct the 2021 ASBC Asian Elite Men and Women Boxing Championships in Dubai.
- Jio platforms and Byjus have been featured in Time Magazine’s 1st ever 100 most influential companies.
- Sri Lankan cricketer Nuwan Zoysa faces a 6-year ban for violation of ICC’s Anti-Corruption Code.
- Tejas, India’s indigenous Light Combat Aircraft, added to the fifth-generation Python-5 air-to-air missile in its air-to-air weapons.
- The UK has become the first country to announce the regulation of the use of self-driving vehicles at slow speeds at motorways.
- Serum Institute of India cuts Covishield’s price for states to Rs.300.
- Centre notifies act giving more power to Delhi Lieutenant Governor to be effective from April 27.
Appointments and awards
- Expenditure Secretary TV Somanathan was appointed as the Finance Secretary.
- Dr. Krithi K Karanth, Chief Conservation Scientist at Bengaluru-based centre for wildlife studied has been chosen as the first Indian and Asian woman for the 2021 “Wild Innovator Award.”
Days to remember
- April 29- International Dance Day
- “Trail of the Tiger: Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray: A Journey” by Radheshyam Jadhav
- Odia writer Manoj Das passed away recently.
- Indian Olympic Association Vice President Janardhan Singh Gehlot passed away.