Ever since, the Kindle Direct Publishing or KDP has made its identity among the Indie Authors as a platform for self publishing the Electronic Books, a race has been started; The race of making a position for oneself on Kindle amongst the Authors! Well, with each day this race is getting much more complex and intense, as more and more Indie Authors are choosing Kindle as their primary platform to launch their books.
Therefore, the game has begun and the Indie Authors are now looking for any hack from almost any source to ensure a better ranking for their E-Book on Amazon Kindle. Well, this write up is exactly for those Authors only who are pushing walls to reach a better ranking on the Amazon Kindle!
Well, there is almost no doubt to this fact that, a good Kindle E-Book sales rank helps you sell much more units of your E-Books. However, the real job is in maintaining a good E-Book sales ranking for your E-Book on Kindle in particular and this indeed is one of the key elements in making ongoing E-Book sales. Again, the good news is that there are several ways to achieve this.
Of course, paid promotion, advertising and gaining reviews all help, but they can be time consuming and expensive. Therefore, you need to know some real hacks of the working methods of the Amazon’s KDP team and act accordingly with your E-Book, released on the Amazon Kindle.
Well, here are some hacks for you, suggesting you how to improve the Kindle Ranking of your E-Book –
1) Hours of Ranking Updates: The KDP team updates the ranking of the E-Books hourly, but it may take 24–48 hours to appear. Rankings reflect recent and historical activity, with recent activity weighted more heavily. Rankings are relative, so your sales rank can change even when your book’s level of activity stays the same. For example, even if your book’s level of activity stays the same, your rank may improve if other books see a decrease in activity, or your rank may drop if other books see an increase in activity.
2) Method of Rank Calculation: While calculating the Best Sellers Rank, KDP team considers the entire history of a book’s activity. Monitoring your book’s Amazon sales rank may be helpful in gaining general insight into the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and other initiatives to drive book activity, but it is not an accurate way to track your book’s activity or compare its activity in relation to books in other categories.
3) Fluctuations in the E-Books’ Rankings: The ranking for books with consistent activity histories that have been available on Amazon for a long time may fluctuate less than the ranking of new books, or books whose histories aren’t as stable. One sale of a very popular book may not influence its rank much at all, but one sale of a lower volume book may significantly improve that book’s rank.
4) Free & Paid Rankings: In the Kindle Store, the Best Sellers Rank is divided into Free and Paid lists. If you enrol in KDP Select, your book will have a ranking in the Free list during its free promotional period. Once the free promotion is over, your book’s previous Paid rank will influence its new rank when it enters the Paid categories again.
5) Rank determination through Customers’ Activities: The Amazon Kindle or KDP, ‘Best Seller’ and ‘Category Ranks’ are based on customer activity of your book relative to the activity of other books. For example, a book ranking #1 in Mystery & Thrillers is the book with the most activity in Amazon’s Mystery & Thrillers category. Books can appear in up to three categories. The book’s rank in each category will show under the Product Details section. Activities that may not be an accurate reflection of customer demand, such as cancelled orders, are not counted toward sales rank.
Written By NEEL PREET – Author of the Books, Voice From The East (2016); Journey With Time Place And Circumstances (2018) & Indian Defence Files (2021).