- Moody’s predicts India’s growth rate to be 9.3%
- The vaccination pace of the country is at a record low as per plans.
- 53 killed as Israel attacks Gaza with airstrikes.
- China’s population growth slows to the lowest rate in decades.
- UN predicts 10.1% growth in 2021.
- NHAI sets a target of constructing 4600 kms highways in the country in FY 22.
- The Ministry of Earth and Science recently announced that India participated in the Arctic Science Ministerial Meeting.
- Harley Davidson Inc. launched an all-electric motorcycle brand called “Live-Wire.”
- The world’s first unmanned vessel named “Mayflower 400” is set to navigate across the Atlantic.
- Pune ranked first and Delhi-NCR at the lowest positions among 8 major cities in health infrastructure-related parameters.
- According to National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics, and Programme Implementation Data, the Consumer Price Index (Retail inflation) is at 4.29% in April.
Appointments and awards
- Dr. Shakuntala Harasingh Thilsted won the 2021 World Food Prize.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited’s Sudhir Sitapati to join Godrej Consumer Products as MD and CEO.
Days to remember
- May 10- International Day of Argania.
- Assamese literateur and journalist Homen Borgohain passes away
- Arjuna award winner and former table tennis player V. Chandrashekhar passed away.