- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal pledges Rs.50,000 ex gratia to all families who have lost their family members to covid and an additional Rs. 2,500 pensions per month.
- There will be a new naming system for the virus variants.
- Google to showcase the news in India and train 50,000 people over 3 years.
- Amazon has announced miniTV video streaming service for its app users in India that will let users watch free videos within the Amazon app.
- Telangana government has selected 16 primary healthcare centres for testing the ambitious “Medicine from the sky,” the first of its kind project involving the delivery of medicines through multiple drones.
- Telangana government signed an agreement with the National Health Authority for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- SBI sold electoral bonds worth Rs. 6595.34 crores from April 1 to 10 during recent elections.
- Government to sell 1.95% stake in Axis Bank to raise Rs.4,000 crore.
Days to remember
- May 17- World Hypertension day
- May 18- International Museum day
- K.K Aggarwal, former national president of Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Padma Shri award winner, passed away.